Credit Unions of BC Bursary Program
Applicants who do not meet the following criteria are not eligible for a bursary.
- All applicants must have a demonstrated financial need.
- Proof of enrolment and transcripts are required.
- Applicants must be BC residents who are Canadian Citizens, a permanent resident of Canada or designated as a protected person.
- Applicants must be in attendance at a public Canadian post-secondary school when the application is submitted.
- Applicants attending accredited private schools will only be considered if the program is not offered at a public school. Applicants must provide a statement as to why they are not attending a public school and provide a receipt for tuition.
- Programs of study may be academic, vocational, technical, or technological.
- Graduate and post graduate students are not eligible.
- Credit Union members are eligible for up to 2 awards per year.
|If starting:||Submit:||Deadline:||Award Notice:|
|Fall semester||September 1 to||October 15||Mid-December|
|Winter semester||January 1 to||February 15||Mid-March|
|Spring/Summer semester||May 1 to||June 15||Mid-July|
Only online applications will be accepted.
- The Awards Committee will review all applications received by the deadline, taking into consideration the actual need, the length of the program, the year of study, efforts to minimize costs, personal statement of special circumstances, grades, etc. All decisions are final and are conveyed in writing.
- If a Foundation award is approved, it is disbursed during the course of the program. Cheques are forwarded to the recipient’s credit union or credit union nearest to the institute of learning or place of residence. This enables the monitoring of the application and disbursement of the award, and it provides the credit union concerned with an opportunity to receive recognition concerning the award.
- We ask that you attend in person for a photographic presentation which may be used in the
Foundation’s newsletter or the website’s Blog as this is a means of showing the donors their contributions are at work. If you cannot attend, please email us.
As required by Revenue Canada, a T4A will be issued the following spring for income tax purposes. It is the responsibility of the recipient to advise CUFBC of any address changes.
604 874 4911 - Main Number
1 855 874 4911 - Toll Free Number
604 874 1422 - Fax Number
Notice of Annual General Meeting.
7:00 p.m. May 7th 2020
Firefighters’ Social and Athletic Club.
6515 Bonsor Avenue, Burnaby, B.C.
Door Prizes and light refreshments
LOST OR STOLEN MASTERCARD
1-800-307-7309 - Toll Free
1-800-627-8372- Outside Canada